Monday, March 19, 2012

Life is precious

Hi Everyone
I am in shock.  My friend Shelly died suddenly.  She was only 43 and had a stroke.  She was a mom with sons who need her.  I feel weird feeling so lost. We didn't hang out much anymore.  I got the impression her husband was interested in me.  So I put some distance between us.  He didn't do anything. But I tried to spend time with her and he would show up.  So I stopped.  She needed her husband.  And I didn't want to do anything that would cause problems.  But now I feel bad for it.  And I want to go and help him and the boys.  But I don't think that would right.  He is going to need help how do I help and keep it completely above board?  Or is that impossible?  Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Jenny

1 comment:

  1. I really feel for you, as I had the same situation with a friend. Her husband started coming on to me..I had to avoid their house. I tried to learn his work schedule so I could just go see her when he was gone. I had to pull away some although we are still friends. I think she knows, actually.

    My husband always gives me the advice to "put him in his place" but I just am too afraid to speak up.in your situation, though, it might be best to state firmly that you want to help with the boys, but you sense an interest and you are not okay with inappropriate talk or otherwise.

    I'm so sorry you lost your friend. :(

    ReplyDelete