Thursday, March 29, 2012

Life moves on

Hi Blogworld 

Well I went to my friends wake and funeral.  I was saddened to learn she had been on many medications and possibly knew this was going to happen.  Her husband told me that she was always forgetting to take her meds.  He is feeling guilty over not reminding her more.  They were having serious financial problems and he thinks she didn't want to burden him telling him her dizzy spells were serious.  At the hospital she kept apologizing to him.  He seems so broken, truly is mourning her.  I was amazed at how good he is doing with the boys.  Shelly let the boys run over her big time and he is not.  But he is also very gentle and helping them express thier grief.  I really didn't expect to see that side of him.  I have talked to him a couple of times this week.  He is arranging counseling for the boys and himself.  He is trying to get a better handle on his son's medical problems.  Shelly handled it and got put off  easily by the doctors.  He wants to push for answers and get Jon back in school.  I am keeping careful account to stay in the right boundaries.  I am realizing what a step in and fix it for others I am.  At work,  I am being tempted to take on way more responsibility than I need to.  I want to do everything for everybody and am wearing myself out quickly.   I talked to my boss about a situation unfolding and asked for her help.   It would involve me working Easter.  Not good, I need to be home with my family.  But involving my boss should keep me from over doing it.  Thanks for listening and I really appreaciate the comments.
Jenny

4 comments:

  1. Hi Jenny,

    So sorry about your friend, Shelly!

    Love,
    Kitty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Kitty. I am sorry for your loss also. A MIL is much harder to lose. Hope Daddy is doing well
      Jenny

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much!

    Love,
    Kitty

    P.S. Daddy is doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi idk you or the whole situation ...sounds like a life loss young....6yrs go
    This october I lost my bestfriend...ik the feeling of loss and hurt...we were
    Only 28...she left 2 young boys behind...time will heal the pain I promise
    The memories will not fade but will soon bring a smile to your face...

    I used to cry to her and talk to her when I was alone as if she were here's..that helped im here if you need to talk...ik we dont know eachother but ik your hurt and there is always a season and reason for friends :)


    Hugs
    Daisy

    ReplyDelete